Birthing From Within® is holistic, flexible, and in-depth preparation for birth and parenthood. Whether you are planning a home or hospital birth, having your first or subsequent child, hoping for a natural labor, or still exploring your options, you will learn how to remain present, mindful and connected no matter how labor unfolds.
Through insightful lessons, a hands-on approach to coping practices, and creative exercises intended to strengthen the bond between you and your support team, you will gain the skills, wisdom and confidence needed to surrender in birth and parenting.
Discover what you need to know to be resourceful giving birth and becoming a parent!
Classes are co-taught by Shannon Padlog and Alli Cuentos, seasoned birth doulas and educators.
All classes held at Community Well
78 Ocean Ave
Ideally your class will start between 24 and 32 weeks and end before 37 weeks. Many parents prefer to finish their class around 32-34 weeks to allow time to incorporate what you gain into your birth and postpartum preparations, reduce anxiety, and positively influence your hormones and birthing mindset at the end of pregnancy.
Upcoming Class Schedule
To register for a class, click the Class Sign Up Form Button to the right and we will follow up with instructions for payment.
One Day Intensives
April One Day Intensive
Saturday April 28th, 10 am to 6 pm
Great for mamas due mid-May through June
June One Day Intensive
Saturday June 9th, 10 am to 6 pm
**Just In Case Class: Sunday June 10th, 10 am to 6 pm
Great for mamas due late June through August
August One Day Intensive
Saturday August 11th, 10 am to 6 pm
Great for mamas due late August through October
Six Week Series
March/April 6 week series
Tuesdays 3/6 - 4/10, 6 pm to 8:30 pm
**Just In Case Class: Tuesday, 4/17 6 pm to 8:30 pm
Great for mamas due late April through mid July
May/June 6 week series
5 Tuesdays, 6 pm to 8:30 pm and 1 Saturday, 10 am to 12:30 pm
Dates: 5/22 (Tues), 5/29 (Tues), 6/5 (Tues), 6/12 (Tues), 6/16 (Sat 10-12:30), 6/26 (Tues)
**Just In Case Class: Tuesday, 7/3 6 pm to 8:30 pm
Great for mamas due late July through early October
August/September 6 week series
Tuesdays 8/14 - 9/18, 6 pm to 8:30 pm
**Just In Case Class: Tuesday, 9/25 6 pm to 8:30 pm
Great for mamas due mid October through December
** Since your instructors are on call as birth doulas, the "just in case" classes are alternate dates, reserved in advance, in the RARE event that both of us get called to a birth and need to reschedule a class session.
Class Format Info
6 week Series
$450 per couple
- 1 evening per week, 15 hours total
- Allows participants to absorb a little at a time, with a week between classes to read, process, and practice coping techniques
- Time to make lasting connections with other couples having a baby around the same time as you
- In-depth coverage of all topics and ample time for questions
covered in 6 week series only
- learning and practicing several mindfulness-based coping techniques to fill your "tool box"
- optimal fetal positioning
- preparing for a supported and healthy postpartum
- recovering from birth
- cesarean birth in awareness
- mama pampering ritual set up by partners
One Day Intensive
$250 - $350 Sliding Scale per couple*
- Class held on one day, 8 hours total
- Perfect for those with less time to dedicate to a class
- Great as a refresher course for second time parents
- Includes many follow up resources for home study
- creating a supportive birth space and team
- building a positive, confident and open mindse
- birth partner support skill
- effective pain coping practices & comfort measures
- positions and massage for labo
- labor physiology
- pushing your baby out
- modern learning about current birth practice
- how to ask questions and make decisions in labo
- wise and compassionate use of interventions
- greeting unwished for surprise
- includes YES! to Birth relaxation audio guid
- "home study" resources and support
*Cost: We offer a sliding scale for our one day class to allow families some flexibility based on their income. After we have confirmed your slot, you will be asked to submit the amount on the scale that you can pay. Please reach out if you are interested in a sliding scale option for our 6 week class.
what parents have said
"I loved how incredibly interactive the class was, especially the demonstrations of what labor might look and sound like. I also really enjoyed the variety of teaching methods: ice practice, demonstrations, storytelling, posters, photos, and the pelvis/baby demo."
"Overall this class was a beautiful experience for my husband and I. It made our relationship stronger by getting us to talk and experience things that we normally wouldn't have the chance to."
“These classes are so much more than learning about labor and the birth process - they were healing! It was also about learning more about myself and my husband. I know it sounds cheesy, but it truly was life changing. Shannon has an amazing gift to help people process birth and to hold a safe space to grow. She is extremely dynamic and has a gift of being able to shift the energy to help people move forward in a positive way.”
"The information presented helped me truly understand the birth process and how to work with the hospital to ensure my needs are being met. It also helped bring my partner and I closer and gave us tools to support each other through birth and parenting."